Thursday 8 December 2011

A Georgie Porgie Christmas

Thursday 8 December 2011
It's no secret that I bloody love Christmas time. It is the best excuse to eat way too much festive food and drink too many warm mulled wines. But it's okay, because it's Christmas and that's what everyone does. I have been thoroughly enjoying the seasonal spirit this week despite it being well over a week until I finish work for the holidays. I popped down to Bournemouth to visit my friends and family and partook in some much needed Christmas activities. These mainly included shopping and eating large Bratwursts.

Celine loves a big sausage.

Bratwursts and other german fayre (such as Krakeurs) have become staple in my Christmassyness... In Bournemouth every year, we get a German market come to visit at Christmas time that sells rip off Louis Vuitton bags and dodgy looking animal hats. The real reason anyone comes to see the German Market is for the sausages, the crepes and the cosy Gluhwein cabin that appear. I really can't say I feel festive until I've nommed one of those delicious Bratwursts and had an extortionate mug of gluhwein that tastes a bit like watery ribena (managed to avoid this part this year and just stuck with the sausage. I will be visiting Lidl for my Gluhwein).


And so now I have begun my festive countdown, I have decided to give myself a little bit of a challenge to try and complete before the big day itself.

I will be making 12 treats of Christmas! 12 traditionally christmassy things with my own slight twist on them to challenge my (mainly poor baking) skills. This way, I'm training my stomach to deal with the epic meal I will be feeding it at Christmas lunch.

So check back for the first of our festive treats tomorrow when I take on Mince Pies. And with my baking track record, there's no knowing how they will turn out! Reindeer hoofs crossed everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pudding, Pie and Georgie. © 2014