Monday 3 November 2014

The Great London Coffee Series - Peloton & Co

Monday 3 November 2014
Crisp Autumn days with crunchy russet leaves and bright blue skies deserve good coffee and warm jumpers. I used to be unable to drink coffee at all without my heart feeling like it was about to burst through my chest. But after many years of slowly dripping caffiene into my body, I can enjoy the drug of choice for London's workers. A large part of my job is understanding coffee bars and how they integrate into the hospitality business, so naturally my interest in coffee has expanded vastly over the last year - I am even a trained barista! 

 I am now a coffee snob and proud. 

As a result of this, a couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to win a copy of London's Best Coffee's Speciality Coffee Map of London (2nd Edition) via their Facebook page. Their are so many fantastic independent coffee shops in London and without a guide to tell you where they are, you can drown in the number to choose from. 

This weekend, whilst at Old Spitalfields Market, we hit our first map shop - Peloton & Co.


Typography geek that I am - I love the logo at Peloton & Co, what a great font! It is half bicycle shop/half coffee bar and is as hip as East London requires. They use their own house blend coffee - Butterworth & Son Espresso and use Goodwood non-homogenised milk to compliment.


I had a Flat White and Rob had a Cortado. As a first test of the coffee map, it was definitely a winner. It was so beautifully smooth and naturally sweet, and gone way too quickly. Even the cortado, with it's bitter kick of strong espresso was delicious. Even the blue Peloton & Co cups were impossible not to fall in love with. 

A must visit for anyone in the Spitalfields area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pudding, Pie and Georgie. © 2014