Friday 13 April 2012

Little Pick Me Ups

Friday 13 April 2012
I thought that I would share a few of the food related things that have made me smile this week. 


This is the first one. It's a cookie sandwich. I spotted these whilst wandering around Camden Market and I couldn't leave until I'd nabbed one. It's from 'Cookies and Scream', a vegan and gluten free baketastic stall. I was extremely happy that I'd bought this. Two incredibly delicious and meaty cookies and a smooth, rich buttercream gluing them together. I could barely get my mouth around it, but it was so good.


Thursday morning I was having a quick bit of breakfast and 4 cups of tea in 'Caravan', when I spotted Thomasina Miers, the restaurateur, chef and host of 'Mexican Food Made Easy'. I am severely coveting her Mexican book and spotting her just a few tables across from me made my whole day a lot brighter, and I was a whole lot giddier. Alongside this, Caravan's crumpets were so incredibly buttery that I felt very naughty indeed.

Rob's Chilli Chicken Stir Fry. I am so chuffed that I bagged myself a man that can cook. I was having a bit of a poorly, yucky day and Rob's cure is to sweat it out. With lots of chilli, ginger and garlic. This dish will always hold a special place in my heart, as it features in one of our 'falling in love' events. I demanded cheekily that he cook me dinner, and this is what I got. Om nom.


There's nothing like a special afternoon tea. Especially with your best friend. Last week, my best girlie friend Celine came to visit... so we did what girls do best, browsed through Selfridges wishing we were rich and indulged in a delicate tea time. We ventured to 'Drink, Shop, Do', somewhere I had been anxious to try for a while. For just over a tenner each, we had a pot of tea (or a milkshake in Celine's case), a selection of cute little sarnies (salmon and cream cheese, cheese and pickle, ham and mustard and cucumber), a selection of decadent looking cakes (brownies, lemon slices and macaroons) and topped off with pick and mix. We didn't finish most of the sweets, but foraged them away into one of our bags for later nibbling. We then went on to a fun fair... a warning to others - do not eat a delicious, rich afternoon tea and then go on 7 extreme fairground rides. It will not end well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pudding, Pie and Georgie. © 2014