Saturday 26 November 2011

Prince Charming

Saturday 26 November 2011
Today wasn't a great day. My only day off for quite a while and I ended up with horrific abdominal pain for the entire day. At one point it was so bad that I couldn't even walk without feeling like I was going to throw up... but less about that. Being house ridden meant that Rob was in charge of venturing to Tesco for food. For most men, this would be a dangerous and reckless feat.
Rob returned with (amongst a few other tasty bits) a joint of beef and steaks. Two different types of delicious beef from one quick shop trip. This is just one of a million reasons why he is perfect for me.

So for the ultimate comfort dinner, we cooked up some rump steaks and sauteed potatoes (which I fried in a homemade garlic and rosemary butter). I could have just eaten either of these things on their own, but together it was heavenly and now I feel much better about having spent my day curled up in bed. I might even go back later for a naughty nigella second helping. (Note to self, must get over Nigella obsession...)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pudding, Pie and Georgie. © 2014