Tuesday 3 March 2015

The Year of Mindfulness

Tuesday 3 March 2015
Happy Tuesday blogosphere! Is it just me or does anyone else find Tuesday worse than Monday? It's such a moot day! 

I haven't been posting regularly this year and as ever I'm disappointed by that. I find myself at a bit of a crossroads as I'm currently engaged in a role that takes all of my energy - both mentally and physically and I feel that I am often teetering on the cusp of a burn out. That doesn't mean that I don't take enjoyment from it (although we all have bad days and frustrations). 

However I'm in a position where its time to assess my goals and plans for the future. I've never been someone who has a clear vision of what they want to be; there are so many things that I enjoy and that I can challenge myself with. I try to focus on every day happiness, being calm and at peace with myself and the world around me. 

In my quest for this lifestyle, I have taken up hatha yoga. I couldn't have imagined the effect this would have on my mind or body. I am only practising on a Friday but it is the absolute highlight of my week. If you know me, you'll know that I have challenges with my movement and what exercise I can do, but hatha yoga allows me to practice at my own pace and still feel a great achievement every week. This week I achieved baby pose for the first time and couldn't wait to tell my partner. 

I often wish I could find this level of peace and fulfilment in my every day life. Whilst writing this post I was waiting for 'the drain' or what is officially called Waterloo and City line. It is always like herding cattle - people pushing, elbowing and tutting. There was visibly no room on the carriage and so I stopped to wait for the next train. A gentleman behind me wasn't happy with this decision, pushed me out of the way and flung himself into the already tightly packed crowd. He looked back at me as the doors strained to close around him and shook his head in disgust at me. 

I live in such a toxic environment that these moments of tranquility and my day to day career achievements have become so much more important to me. 

Where do I go from here? As usual, I have no idea. But if you have any words of wisdom you'd like to share or ways in which you find peace amongst the bustle of every day life, I would love to hear them. 

A side note: Things that also help...
Yogo girls, avoiding people, Taylor swift, two good friends, cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pudding, Pie and Georgie. © 2014